En partenariat avec MIT Club de France
MIT Alumni Association President John CHISHOLM ’75 ‘76G
Please join serial entrepreneur, angel investor, and MIT Alumni Association president John Chisholm ’75 ‘76G for an inspiring conversation on discovering, growing, scaling, and selling your ideal business. After providing a brief update on MIT and the alumni association, John will overview and share tips from his new book, Unleash Your Inner Company: Use Passion and Perseverance to Build Your Ideal Business. Through engaging case studies, exercises, and graphics, the book distills three decades of entrepreneurial experience into a step-by-step guide that anyone can follow.
The fast-paced discussion will include:
– How to recognize unsatisfied needs in areas you are passionate about, your advantages for satisfying those needs, and the best fit between need and advantages
– How to innovate by combining things you already know in novel ways
– How different is better than better
– How to find and choose the right co-founder
– When are the best moments in a startup’s life to raise money
– What you can learn from Google, Facebook, and Uber
– How to overcome doubts and insecurities holding you back.
The book’s techniques help anyone find the life mission that best fits them.
John founded and served as CEO/chair of Decisive Technology (now part of Google), the first provider of online surveys; and of CustomerSat (now part of Confirmit), a leader in enterprise feedback management. He also co-founded and chairs Pyze, a mobile intelligence provider. Based in San Francisco, he is CEO of John Chisholm Ventures, a startup advisory and angel investment firm, and is a trustee of MIT and of the Santa Fe Institute. He served as president of the MIT Club of Northern California from 1990-1992 and its chair from 2006-2014. He holds bachelors and masters degrees from MIT (EE/CS) and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Accueil à partir de 19h